There’s nothing quite like Bentgate’s Silverton Sickdays. Customers, Industry Reps and Bentgate staff head down to Silverton Colorado for a trip packed with fun, including a private ski day on Silverton Mountain with apres ski parties in historic Silverton CO and a chance to ride with pro athletes in the beautiful San Juan Mountains.
On day one the sky was blue and sunny and the guides did an amazing job of finding fresh turns for us even though there wasn’t much new snow. As always, the heli rides were epic, the views incredible and the turns untouched. Read more →
SCARPA has some new Freeride boots coming out for the 13/14 season and they are legit.
These boots have all the features that we have been looking for in a solid Sidecountry/Freeride boot. They are stiff, light, have a wide range of cuff motion and will step into any type of alpine or AT binding that is currently on the market. Bentgate had the chance to meet up with Kim Miller, CEO of SCARPA North America to go over the details of the boot.
The Freedom boot line was developed with input from big-mountain ski pioneer Chris Davenport and meld alpine-level ski performance and construction with lightweight backcountry friendly features.
Three years in development, the collection includes two men’s and two women’s boots. Notable features include:
NEW shell mold and construction
- Lower-volume overlap construction (101 mm last width) with two-and-two buckle configuration and stiff progressive flex
- Light Weight: 3 pounds, 13 ounces per boot in Pebax construction(size 27)
- Carbon Core Technology, a technique that over-injects the boot’s lower shell around a carbon-fiber core. This substantially stiffens the boot without adding unnecessary material and bulk, improving power transmission to the ski throughout the length of the boot shell
NEW interchangeable sole system
- A new interchangeable sole system that employs a bolt-through connection to the Carbon Core frame, with hardware that screws into all-metal interfaces in the upper shell, enhancing the power transfer to the ski, and eliminating slop in the system.
- Two sole optoins. The Vibram Mountain Plus Sole is a lugged sole that is outfitted with the Dynafit Quick Step-in inserts and the Vibram Mountain Piste Sole is DIN compatible for use in alpine bindings or non-tech AT bindings
- Interchangeable sole separates below the the binding ledge to insure maximum power transfer when skiing with alpine bindings
NEW ski/walk mechanism
- SCARPA’s innovative new Ride Power Block ski/walk mechanism is a two-part design with tight tolerances resulting in alpine-level performance.
- Great cuff articulation with 27 degrees for efficient walking and touring. 7 degrees of resistance-free back flex and 20 degrees of forward flex.
- Forward lean is 14 degrees with +/- 4 degrees of adjustability
Scarpa uses heat moldable Intuition liners in their boots and are putting them in the Freedom SL. This is a huge deal for us at Bentgate because these liners are Warmer, Lighter and more Moldable than anything else we cary. Here is a breakdown of the Intuition Speed Ride liner and Instant Fit Ride liner.
If you have a question about the new SCARPA Freedom lineup post it in the comments and we will do our best to answer it.